Umass Boston’s Early Educator Leadership Fellows Post-Master’s Certificate program Accepting Applications Until June 15th
The below information is from an email I received about Umass Boston’s Early Educator Leadership Fellows Post-Master’s Certificate program. I attended a similar program 6 years and highly recommend anyone in the early education field to apply it. The program helped build my knowledge of ECE and just as important helped me meet other accomplished colleagues in the field of early education who have become a supportive network.
COURSE OF STUDY
- Four academic semesters
- One course per semester
- Fellows earn 12 graduate course credits
- Course credits are transferable to our PhD program in Early Childhood Education and Care, for those interested in further study
- To be eligible, applicants must be experienced early educators who are currently working in the field and already hold a master’s degree.
- Fellowship applicants must apply to the Post Master’s Certificate Program and indicate interest in being considered for the Early Educator Leadership Fellowship in the letter of intent.
- Completion of a brief Fellowship application survey separate from the Post-Master's Certificate application.
- The admissions committee will review all Fellowship applications. Up to eight Fellows will be selected through a competitive process which will consider past experience and current interest in advancing the field of early care and education.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
- The Leadership Fellowship covers most of the cost of tuition (which is typically $3000/course); Leadership Fellows pay just $250 per course. Fellows also pay a $60 application fee and a $200 graduation fee at the end of the program.
You can find more information here:
and how to apply here: